Thursday, December 06, 2007

Ba-Ba

Damien's SLP came over Tuesday right as I came home with Alex and started picking her for head lice so I didn't get to sit in on his therapy. She felt so bad for me at the moment she said she would keep both boys busy with activities so I could get a start on Alex's hair.

Damien is as she thinks "trying" to make words. We're really not getting much new out of him but out of the blue he may just start saying a new sound. He is so good at making sounds of animals. It's just weird that he won't try saying any words. I don't know if he needs to see pictures to SAY a word? You show him a picture of an animal and he'll try sounding like it. If he sees some kind of an action going on like a plate falls on the floor. He'll say "uh oh!!"

His new sound last night was "baa baa" He just kept saying it over and over which was neat because he never has! Dave kept making him say it to me or scream it I should say so I would pick up that it was new. So when she comes next week I'll have another 2 syllable sound to tell her he's making.

3 comments:

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

How old is Damien?

Sabrina said...

Damien is 29 months now.

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

Just curious. I cannot say Henry really started to put words together or talk a whole lot until the 2 year mark. I mean he had a few key words he used a lot, but until then he was not all that talkative.

You seem to be a very proactive and concerned parent and that is a good thing... a lot of parents would choose to ignore any learning curves that there children have.