Thursday, April 03, 2008

Mad as HELL!!!

I am so mad right now at Dominic's School. Tell me what you think we should do. Ok so Dominic is in Head Start, not because of income, but because of the fact he is at risk and on an IEP through Early Intervention due to his delays. I was not happy that he would be in Head Start in the first place because of how ANAL they are, BUT unless I wanted him shipped to a different town to school (same district) because of the IEP, he had to go there and I wanted him at the same school as his sister.

So here's the deal. First, the Stupid moronic women running the program know nothing about special needs. I should have found out more before deciding to pull him out of Early Intervention. If he gags, throws up, it's stomach flu and they send him home. He has Sensory Intergration Disorder so certain foods, smells, etc will send his senses into overdrive. So we started having phone calls at lunch saying he would gag looking at the food or when he tried eating it. I told them about this at the beginning of the year he had this and he might do these things. Well they started asking me to pick him up a few times because they didn't want to take a chance he might puke on the bus BUT they also said he would have to stay home the next day. Most days he never touched his food and would just look around the lunch room which was one of the reasons they had also called. Finally I said, look. I'll pack lunches for him, things I know he can eat, he likes and won't get sick on. For about a month we've been fine. Till yesterday.

I get a note saying this
my nutrition coordinator at Head Start, ------, asked me to request a doctors note from you about bringing his own lunch. She said due to the lunch program that head start uses, they will require a note of explanation. If you have any questions about this you can call.......

I pack him healthy lunches, not crap. Believe me since I used to do daycare i should know what's healthy!! Should I just let him starve to death? Sit at school at eat nothing and ride the bus home for a hour? This is another stupid hoop they want me to jump through and I'm freakin tired of it. So this time my dh is calling the nutrition coordinator. Early Intervention has also said because of the SID incidents in the past to call them if we needed help with anything so I may be calling them today to about this.

I will never put my kids in some stupid state funded program again. If you have a child on an IEP and they offer a spot in Head Start, DON'T DO IT!!! They call me all the time about this and that. They need proof of this, they need to talk to me about that or I'm breaking some stupid rule. I told Early Intervention I made a huge mistake trying to put him at the school he'll be in Kindergarten at next year and Damien will be there at the EI center ALL of his preschool years because I am not dealing with this again.

Worst part is now I have this IEP meeting with the principal, Headstart teachers, EI special ed teacher, and the Kinder teachers trying to figure out who's class he gets next year. I am already stressed out completely about it and having the Headstart teachers in there I may just explode and say GET OUT because I don't want to deal with them anymore. I just want May to come and to deal with the school district from then on out NOT Headstart.

Oh and before I noticed this note, I packed Dom a PBJ, Strawberries, Apple Juice, Gogurt. I was NOT going to take that away from him so I sent it. He saw me pack it. If they don't allow him to eat it I will be PEEVED!! He will not eat Chicken Noodles over mashed potatoes.

No comments: