Friday, September 29, 2006

Dominic came home today from school all happy because I let him take his new train on the bus. It was either that or have him not go because he was throwing a major fit from me saying no. I attempted to make him take a nap since I was watching Kelsey (4) and usually have her try as well. He didn't but was quiet in his room for a good hour which was nice. He watched a Thomas DVD and played with his train.

That evening we had Alex's Cheerleading performance at the highschool. I was going to video tape so I had Dave watch the boys down on the ground (we had a stroller) while I went up in the bleachers with another mom. She knows Dom's craziness so I turned around to check on where they were and saw Dominic just running all over the place in circles around Dave and other people. I finally told him to come up the ramp to me and so he did. He then started climbing up the side wall of the ramp going up the bleachers. Lori and I had to keep telling him to get down before he fell over the edge and 6 feet down to the pavement. Finally Dave's parents arrived and his dad held him. He was ok after that.

Since Dave's parents from AZ have been here, they have been pretty negative with the whole testing and diagnosis of possible ADHD. Honestly I think D would agree with me when I say they can kiss our asses because they see the kids a total of maybe 3-4 weeks a year while everyone else at school, both sets of my parents, my sisters, our friends, etc see him on a regular day to day basis and they know he's given us (his parents) and his teachers one heck of a time. They have no clue what happens here. All I've heard is "well Dave was so much worse as a kid" Sure.

No comments: