Friday, September 22, 2006

Dominic had a pretty decent day. I received a note from his preschool saying they were going to be writing "social stories" for him this week. Basically they will be stories on how he should act in situations such as if someone takes a toy what should he do instead of hitting, etc. After getting off the bus I found the cutest little fat fuzzy catapillar in our driveway. I said to him, "Look! It's a cute Catapillar. See him?" He stood there watching him with me for a few seconds giggling at it. He had just been studying and reading about them. Suddenly he squashed it and in a mean low voice said "I KILLED it" and walked off. He squashed the thing so hard that I had guts on my toes. I made him come back and told him "Look what you did! He's dead now Dominic. That was so mean. You don't kill animals." He could care less. It really pissed me off. Dave says that he knows daddy kills bugs for a living. I think he knows bad bugs from good ones though. He saw how happy I was to see it crawling around.

At dinner we had some issues with him not sitting still. He was laying on his back on the bench and kicking his feet in the air and going under the table not wanting to eat. He wouldn't sit still but finally after we had finished Dave sat him on his lap and fed his enchilada to him and he ate about 6-7 bites of it. This is actually quite common here at the table so we're used to it.

No comments: