Monday, February 11, 2008

Handwriting

I got a note today from Dominic's Special Ed teacher from EI saying that she's going to be sending me a "permission to evaluate" form to sign so they can start evaluating him for SID. I guess Motor skills have something to do with SID and since he can not write his name correctly they want to look at fine motor skills. Dunno. He's a lefty but he holds his pencil/markers/crayons fisted if you know what I mean. That's how he writes, colors, etc and he can do it quite well, it just looks like some old 90 yr old did it. lol

They are starting to notice this "tired" trend with him. He lays his head down quite frequently. I've been getting them to bed at 8-8:30 so I have a hard time with him being "tired." He has on occasion, sleep apnea, bad snoring and I know they "think" this could be part of the ADHD/ODD but I'm still having a hard time thinking we should just rip out his tonsils and that will fix that AND his bedwetting. It seems so simple, I just have a hard time believing it. Like an instant overnight cure.

No comments: