Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Phone Call From the Teacher

Mrs. K: "Dominic came to school saying he puked this morning. Stomach flu is going around if that's the case he needs to stay home."

Me: "well we've been having more throwing up issues but like I've said before, this I believe is part of the Sensory Intergration Disorder I believe he has.

Mrs.K: "so he did throw up today?"

Me: "yes he did but he throws up or chokes nearly everyday so of course I just sent him to school. If it's stomach flu, I'll notice the difference."

Mrs. K: "ok well I just want to make sure this isn't the stomach flu because we don't want to contaminate any other students."

Me: "while I have you on the phone, has he been eating at school? He comes home hungry daily. Could you please ask him to take some no thank you bites if he's not eating well?"

Mrs. K: "Oh well we don't force kids to eat."

Me: "I'm not saying force him but ask him to take one nibble of what he has on his plate. If it's soft that'll set him off so just like the chicken nuggets, corn dogs, and other things."

Mrs.K: "I will ask one of the other ladies to see if they can get him to eat some. Most of the time he just sits there with his food and watches everyone else."

Me: (thinking, oy oy oy!!!!!!!) "ok well that's fine then.

Mrs. K: "well if he throws up and appears sick I'll give you a call later."

Me: "ok. Thanks!"

Argh. I really do not like that these preschool teachers at the grade schoo have no experience with special needs.

No comments: