Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Meltdowns

The meltdowns have gotten to be too much lately. I don't know what to do anymore. Any and everything upsets him, even things that you would think he'd appreciate. Daddy and I are basically begging it seems just to appease him. I'm probably not making sense here so I'll explain with a fake example. We give him a cookie, but it's not the kind of cookie he wants. He doesn't want a Chips Ahoy, he wants an Oreo. So we give him the Oreo but it's either too late the damage is done or it's not in the right bowl and he's hysterically crying. Then we give him a cup of chocolate milk to go with it but he didn't ask for chocolate milk which he absolutely loves so he'll freak out crying even more, screaming that he wants regular milk.

Most of the other meltdowns are from him not getting something he wants such as running around the stores, getting pushed back from Alex or Damien when he's bothering them, or something is wrong with a toy he's been playing with.

Sunday afternoon he was outside riding a tricycle and I told him he would have to come in because it was freezing out. Bad move. I had to carry him kicking and screaming inside. He threw the biggest fit for a good 30-40 minutes crying because he wanted out. I had to use our locks on the tops of the doors to keep him in because he was so determined to get out.

Yesterday for no reason he was bothering Alex and her friend playing Hot Potato. He kept kicking Alex in the back over and over and then trying to do a somersault between them. I asked him if he wanted to play with them and he'd scream "NO!" He continued over and over till finally he decided to jump on Alex as she was sitting on the floor and she ducked down which made him fall over her and hurt his back on some plastic toys. He cried and screamed and cried and screamed for about 30 minutes. Even when her friend's mom came to pick her daughter up he wanted nothing to do with her either. He was very angry screaming "leave me 'lone!!!!!"

This morning I was trying to get him ready for school but he insisted on not only peeing on the toilet but pooping too but he didn't really need to do it. FYI- he only poops or pees on the toilet when he wants. When he really does have to go he usually just goes in his pants. So after 20 minutes of me saying we need to get dressed or you won't be able to eat before the bus gets here he finally came out. It wasn't because of me saying that either, because for 20 minutes all he did was slam the bathroom door and scream "leave me 'lone!" and "Go 'way!!!" The way he screams at you just makes you want to pop him in the mouth. He's very hateful and loud.

I did notice him snoring the past 2 nights but I moved him and he'd quit so I'm sure he got plenty of sleep. He hasn't taken naps forever now it seems. The afternoons are mainly him playing with the trains for a few hours. He did take some interest in hotwheels cars yesterday which surprised me. He hardly ever plays with anything besides the trains. We might as well sell every other toy he has.

No comments: