Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Red Dye Dangers??

I heard there was going to be a special on the news last night about Red Dye and it's affects on children so I wanted to catch it. I had no idea what it was really about but after watching it Dave and I just looked at each other like what the??? Could that be our problem?

Here's an article on the internet about it.

So basically they are saying children have a sensitivity to dyes put in our kids food which causes behavior problems. The lady on the news said her 4 yr old would scream "I'm going to kill you!" and "I'll hit you!" Which are two things we hear alot out of Dominic. She said that after 2 weeks of getting the foods out of his system he was a totally different child. We decided to go in the kitchen and low and behold EVERYTHING has Red Dye in it. Poptarts, juice, toaster strudels, canned fruit, cereal, etc. The kid will starve to death now if we try the 2 week experiment. I'm thinking we should at least try cutting it and see what happens. I just can't believe I had never heard of this before.

No comments: